Contact the Criminal Defense Hero Today!
Call, Chat, or Email Attorney Don Hammond Criminal Defense Hero
We help our clients triumph over adversity. Even if you committed a crime, you should not have to face the challenge alone or the harshest punishments. Together we can overcome any challenge. Our law office will not rest until your case is settled and your life is not just back on track, but even better than before.
- We are still doing in-person meetings at the office, or we can do Zoom meetings. Phone consultations are also available.
- We use DocuSign for engagement agreements so you do not need to sign in person.
- We continue to take online credit/debit card payments so our clients can stay safe in quarantine.
- Courts in LA are mostly closed right now, with deadlines all tolled for at least several weeks. The supervising judge of the LA Courts, Judge Brazile, is targeting June 22 to reopen.
- Some types of hearings are still happening, including arraignments (especially in felonies) and preliminary hearings.
- Your Criminal Defense Heros are still willing to go to court when it’s in the best interest of our client – even if we don’t technically have to be there.
- It is important to remember that you can NOT just ignore a court date. You need to have an attorney appear for you or confirm that the hearing date has been pushed out.
- The Criminal Defense Heros appear in court for you. Most of our clients never see the inside of a courtroom. This can help mitigate you being exposed (or exposing others) to the COVID-19 virus.
- When the courts do reopen, it’s going to be very crowded, busy, and difficult to navigate without experienced counsel.
- Right now is a great time to take care of expungements (PC 1203.4) and record sealing (PC 851.91 and 851.8). These do not require in-person meetings.
Our extraordinary service goes the extra mile for you.
Being accused of a crime, including DUI, is a very stressful time in your life. We are committed to providing the best possible service to minimize your stress during this difficult time period. We go the extra mile to help keep your life from falling apart. Examples of extraordinary actions we have taken to help past clients include:
Recovering clients’ property from police/sheriff’s departments
Mailing clients’ property to family members
Coordinating transfer of storage unit to a clients’ family member
Getting clients’ vehicles from impound/tow yards and delivering it to safe place
Providing transportation to and from court
Calling clients’ family members to notify them of custody status
Calling clients’ employers to explain missed work
Subpoenaing clients’ medical records
Sending explanation letters regarding circumstances of a case, to future employers
Coordinating community service for the day after a plea, before client leaves town
Walking client into court-ordered programs to ensure smooth transition
Securing and delivering proof of completion documents to court clerk
Facilitating payment of booking fees and fines
Scanning and maintaining copies of files for years to answer questions as they come up
Appearing in court while client goes to work
Providing referrals for insurance, ignition interlock device, and court-ordered program locations
Providing referrals to counseling, sober living homes, and recovery programs
Requesting early termination of probation, so client can move on with life
Expungement & record clearing to help client move on with life
The list goes on… What will it take to help get your life back on track?